image1 image2 image3

Route to Passive Income

It is never too early to plan for retirement

Topping up SRS Account for the 3rd Consecutive Year

I started my Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS) account three years ago. The plan was to top up the SRS account every single year for the next 20 years. I figured that if I do it every year, I would have a sizable sum of money for retirement. Plus the fact that I do save on my taxes yearly. However, the downside will be putting my money into an account that I do not have much flexibility.

Anyway, let's do some Maths.


So at the end of 20 years, I will have a sizable savings of S$255,000. This does not include the interest given or if you have diligently invested using your SRS account.

Do consider opening a SRS account as part of your retirement planning.

SRS + CPF adds to your comfortable retirement accocunt.

I will explain the SRS account in more details and how I invest the money from the SRS account in a separate post.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. hi,
    so how did you invest your SRS monies? is there link for the separate post?

    i am alr vested in divd yielding reits for my srs.. but want to get more ideas.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fooztreasures, I use the OCBC BCIP to buy STI ETF monthly. SRS is used purely to invest in the STI ETF.

      Delete
    2. i see. thanks.

      does OCBC allows you to RSP using the SRS acct?
      coz i think POSB does not.

      Delete
    3. Yes. OCBC does allow SRS

      Delete