image1 image2 image3

Route to Passive Income

It is never too early to plan for retirement

2016 Q1 Dividend Update - Growing My Passive Income


This post is to update my 2016 1st Quarter Dividends. As mentioned before, 2015 was the first year that I have tracked my dividends diligently. This will be my second year and hoping to see the (incremental) progress.

Total dividends (2016 Q1): ~S$7050.27.
Average Monthly Dividends: ~S$2,350.09.

A breakdown of the dividends/ interest for 2016:
  1. Nikko AM STI ETF - S$461.72
  2. Keppel Infrastructure Trust - S$142.66
  3. Suntec Reit - S$330
  4. OUE Hospitality Trust - S$85
  5. Fraser Commercial Trust - S$25.85
  6. CapitaMall Trust - S$57.60
  7. Starhill Global Reit - S$132
  8. Interests (from OCBC and UOB) - S$393.94
Special Payout from Saizen Reit - S$5421.50




I am pretty sure with Saizen Reit's payout, I will definitely cross the S$10,000 mark for 2016. I decided to invest in Soilbuild Business Space Reit using the Saizen Reit's payout. Hopefully, it will be a good investment like Saizen Reit.

Read - Previous records:
Final 2015 Dividend Update - Growing My Passive Income
1H 2015 Dividend Update - Growing My Passive Income
9M 2015 Dividend Update - Growing My Passive Income


Share this:

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. Hi PIT

    Congrats on beating last year Q1 dividends.

    Interesting that many of the bloggers include the saizen payout as part of the dividends instead of treating it as divestment, but it's up to the blogger's call on how he wants to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi B, I thot about that. Well, basically, i took the "dividends" and divest into another investment - Soilbuild.

      Delete
  2. Hi PI,

    I personally wouldn't consider the Saizen distribution as dividend since it's not repeatable. Wouldn't it feel like setting oneself up for failure by setting the bar so high?

    Regards,
    FFE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI FFE, I will just know that for the coming years, my dividends will not surpass the 2016's total. Eventually, it will surpass if I carry on to invest and to reinvest month after month.

      Delete
    2. Hi PI,

      Heh, actually you can still exceed 2016. Simply just liquidate a couple of your position and reinvest.

      Delete
    3. Haha. That's a good one.

      Delete
  3. HI PI Trooper,

    Congrats on exceeding 10K dividends for 2016! Once a while it is a good to have a surprise (special dividend). This year is Saizen, maybe next time is another counter...

    Cheers,
    Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not. I love Saizen. How I wish I could get more distribution from them. But as Long it is a gain; I am happy

      Delete
  4. Hi PI Trooper,

    That's a nice windfall from Saizen. Any thoughts on which new counter to reinvest the funds in?

    DK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DK,

      I went for Soilbuild Business Space REITs at 0.73. Hopefully a good decision.

      Delete